27th Australasian Humour Studies Network Conference
27th AHSN Conference, Massey University (Wellington), New Zealand, 3-5 February 2021
The 27th annual conference of the Australasian Humour Studies Network will take place in Wellington, Aotearoa New Zealand, from 3-5 February 2021 at Massey University. The conference will be open to all scholars studying any aspect of humour, but in particular will welcome presentations on the theme of ‘Humour at Work: Applications, Industries and Economies’. This includes any research concerned with the industrial and economic aspects of humour, such as:
- The humour industries;
- The political economics of comedy;
- Humor in workplaces;
- Comedy as art, business and profession;
- Joking about business, work or capitalism;
- New technologies of humour production and distribution;
- Instrumentalist uses of humour (and reflections on those uses)
- Humour for sale;
- Any other application of that theme.
Please note that papers and presentations that do not directly address the theme of ‘Humour at Work’ are more than welcome. As the official conference of the AHSN, we welcome researchers working on any and all aspects of the study of humour.
This is a “Hold The Dates” announcement and the Call will be opened in May 2020, closing September 2020.
For more details, contact the Conference Convenor, Dr Nicholas Holm at: N.H.F.Holm@massey.ac.nz